Layer it up!



Hello Stampers! Today I want to share with you a card I made for the Stampin' Up! Corporate blog using the SUPER cute This little Piggy stamp set 143922 and the Happy birthday thinlits die 143700.
I am a sucker for anything cute and The little piggy set jumped off the page of the new annual catalogue and quickly had a big heart scribbled next to it.


 I wanted to make a bigger impact with the Happy birthday thinlit, so I decided to die cut it multiple times ( 6 times ) from Basic black cardstock 124267 and layer and glue with Multi purpose glue 110755 one on top of the other to create a much thicker sentiment.



It really does add more dimension and makes a bigger statement. Try it for yourself! They look great on scrapbook pages too!



Next I stamped the little piggy holding the flower onto Watercolour cardstock 122959, coloured it in using Blushing bride ink 131172, Melon mambo 126948 and Old olive ink 126953 and then fussy cut it out. I stamped the little flower that the piggy is holding twice, coloured and fussy cut those too.
I took another piece of watercolour cardstock and cut it to 4 x 5 inches and created a wash of Pool party ink 126982 as my background.
I glued the Happy birthday diecut down with Multi purpose glue and tucked the little piggy under the top right corner and added the little flowers for a tiny splash of colour. I stamped the Hip Hip hooray sentiment from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set 143662 underneath using Memento black ink 132708. Next I mounted this on to a piece of Basic black cardstock before attaching this to my card base. It’s a simple but bold cute card!






No comments